Work at Home Fence

The Work at Home Fence - I've been on both sides of it: Telecommuting and Home Business Mentoring -- My work from home experience: I've ... built websites for myself and other people, sold on ebay, advertised on my site, done affiliate marketing, written ebooks, created clipart, created; marketed; and sold my own actual products, hired freelance coders, hired independent contractors for writing. Things I will never do: direct selling, parties.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Evils of Stuffing Envelopes, Craft Assembly, and any job requiring you to pay the employer

Well, I never fell for the stuffing envelopes scam or the craft assembly scam, but I did try the one where you send the 5 names ahead of you a dollar each and then send the letter on to 5 more people and you were supposed to get $12,000 or something. No, I didn't send the 5 names ahead of me a dollar. No, I never saw even one dollar. (this was at least 15 years ago - does this one even exist anymore?

I also did a sort of an MLM for internet service providers back in the days when Compuserve was king. All I had to do was give away floppy discs. No, I never made a penny from that either.

I also sold Kirby vacuums between high school and college back in 1990. No, I never sold one and instead spent most of my graduation money just making it through the summer. I just couldn't bring myself to play the game - you know, where the salesperson says "oh, but I really need to make this sale, I have 17 kids in school and no money till next month, let me call my boss and see if I can bring the price down for you." And then she uses your phone and has an earnest conversation with someone and begs this someone using all sorts of sympathy-provoking language to lower the price for you. If someone told me no thanks (everyone did) I just said ok and left, despite the daily meetings where our boss coached us on what to say to seem the most pitiful.

So, does this qualify me to tell you the evil truth about envelope stuffing and craft assembly, even though I've never been duped by it? I think it does.

Any "job" that requires you to send them in a fee for materials or training, or anything at all is a scam. Don't do it. You will never see that money again and you will never make any money off the program. You may stuff some envelopes as per your contacts instructions, but they will be 'unacceptable' and you will not get paid for them. Or, you will have to send them on to other people and these other people will have to send your contact money, of which you may or may not see a dollar of. Same with craft assembly. You will pay your materials fee, assemble your crafts, send them in, and your contact will tell you the quality was not good enough for you to get paid.

Do not send anyoine money for a job. Paying money to own a business is normally ok, however. If you are not sure what is legitimate and what isn't, e-mail me at lisa@busymeals.com or leave a comment here. I will examine the program and let you know what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home