Work at Home Fence

The Work at Home Fence - I've been on both sides of it: Telecommuting and Home Business Mentoring -- My work from home experience: I've ... built websites for myself and other people, sold on ebay, advertised on my site, done affiliate marketing, written ebooks, created clipart, created; marketed; and sold my own actual products, hired freelance coders, hired independent contractors for writing. Things I will never do: direct selling, parties.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Blog Writer - a new occupation?

Virtual Assistants The Perfect Work-at-Home Opportunity - this article actually gives me a really good idea that those looking for at-home opportunities might want to explore. I've seen people on webmaster world discuss hiring someone just to write their blog. Blogs are important because they provide frequently updating, interesting content that search engines really like. So, webmasters looking for new ways to get in good with the search engines often start blogs. But busy webmasters frequently do not have the time to maintain their blogs the way they would like.

So, my idea is to market yourself as a blog writer. You could a list a number of topics that you know a lot about and are interested in -- like if you are a mother you could list baby topics, preschooler issues, toys, household maintenance, -- stuff like that. If you are a runner you could list topics like running, jogging, exercising, weight maintenance. If you are a pet owner you could list any topics having to do with your pet (training, boarding, feeding etc)

There is a website out there for every topic in the world and I think more and more of these website ownners will start looking for someone to maintain their blog everyday - or at a few days a week.

You could create a one page blogging web site or résumé (blogger is free and easy)with your topics and your desired pay. Then, you could think up up a signature line with a catchy title - ("If you're a busy webmaster I could be your new best friend" or "I write .. and write and write .. and your website benefits"), and then you could hang out at webmaster forums, work at home forums, and freelance work forums. I'm sure you could find a few people really interested in what you have to offer, even if they've never thought of it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home